NEW ZEALAND: Women’s Rights Campaigner Mobbed, Attacked By Trans Activists

A British women’s rights campaigner was forced to cut her New Zealand tour short after being met with extreme aggression at her first stop in Auckland. Kellie-Jay Keen, also known by her moniker Posie Parker, had to be escorted out of the Albert Park area by police before her event was even able to kick off.

Keen was set to host a pro-women’s rights rally with the intention of allowing women to voice their concerns about gender ideology. But the decision to cancel her New Zealand tour was made after a mob of trans activists broke through the barriers at her event in Auckland and directed aggression towards the women gathering to speak on their rights.

During the altercation, Keen and her security staff were assaulted by trans activists. Reports have also been made that an elderly woman attending the event in support of Keen was also subject to physical abuse, but those claims are as-of-yet unconfirmed.

The New Zealand event was part of Keen’s international Let Women Speak tour. Keen has hosted rallies across the UK, USA, and Australia encouraging women to use her platform to speak about how gender ideology has impacted their lives.

As she arrived at the Albert Park venue, Keen went live on her YouTube channel as she usually does to provide her supporters updates from the event.

Immediately, the scene was chaotic as police did not appear to be present. Those watching from a distance through the YouTube stream were able to see Keen being led by her security though a braying crowd of trans activists. Once she managed to make it to the stage, Keen could immediately be heard expressing concerns about the lack of police presence.

One of her security guards was also seen doused in tomato soup on the feed.

“We can’t do this without police,” Keen was heard saying to her security staff. Onlookers in the live chat noted Keen’s expression was twisted in worry as the camera panned to view a hoard of screaming trans activists surrounding the band stand.

Keen herself was targeted by the aggression as soon as she entered the band stand, with tomato soup being dumped on her and her guard by an activist in a purple dress.

It didn’t take long before the decision was made to cancel the event and leave for the safety of all involved.

Surrounded by security, Keen and her volunteer stewards pushed their way through the aggressive mob, who threw liquid and signs at them in an effort to frighten and harm them as they left. Keen’s livestream followed her as she was escorted into a police vehicle and driven out of the area. Keen continued to record her livestream as she conversed with police, revealing that she had received a threatening note under her hotel room’s door that morning.

In a clip posted to social media, one of the female volunteers spoke about the dramatic exit, appearing visibly shaken as she described trying to escape the violent crowd.

After leaving the scene, the mob engulfed the band stand where the event was due to take place and celebrated the assault on Keen and the cancellation of her women’s free speech event.

Later that day, Keen made the decision to cancel her Wellington event, which was due to take place on March 26. She left New Zealand that same day.

Keen, a British women’s rights campaigner and founder of the organization Standing for Women, was in New Zealand on the heels of a recently completed tour in Australia. Following her Australian tour, she gained significant negative media coverage from outlets quick to associate her with the far-right.

NZ Herald posted numbers hit pieces on Keen associating her with Nazism prior to her first stop in the country. A columnist for the outlet, Shaneel Lal, was in attendance at the counter-protest and posted videos on twitter celebrating the aggression towards Keen and her female supporters.

Auckland Pride also took to Twitter to deny accusations that the counter-protesters were violent, but were quickly digitally taken to task by women’s rights campaigners and influencers in light of all of the footage out of the event.

Ink Black Heart author JK Rowling called out the group, and noted there was an abundance of video evidence to suggest the counter-protest had been anything but “peaceful.”

Outspoken Australian YouTuber also slammed the counter-demonstration on Twitter, calling it “absurd.”

“Women are gathering together, pushing back against gender ideology, demanding their spaces back. And the gender cult not only THREATENS them, but men cosplaying as women and ‘they/thems’ forced women to abandon their own event,” Watson wrote to her more than 470,000 followers.

Prior to her New Zealand tour, trans activists had attempted to have Keen denied entry into the country.

Detractors set up online petition titled “Keep Posie Parker’s hate out of New Zealand,” which reached 4,397 signatures.

coalition of “rainbow” groups also challenged the high courts, seeking to have her denied entry after New Zealand immigration decided that Keen did not meet the high threshold to be considered an excluded person under section 16 of the Immigration Act 2009. After a short hearing in the High Court at Wellington, which heard from the rainbow groups, a justice declined the application.

Keen’s recent Australia events were also heavily protested by trans activists.

On March 19 during the stop in Melbourne, trans activists reportedly attacked police horses, punching them in the stomach, in an attempt to reach the women attendees.

According to MP Moria Deeming who attended the rally, one woman was knocked unconscious and had to be taken to hospital. Deeming also claimed that she was kicked in the shin by trans activists.

An infamous Australian neo-Nazi group also attempted to hijack the Melbourne event, hosting their own demonstration close by. Their presence in the area has led to trans activists accusing pro-women advocates of being affiliated with Nazism, despite the neo-Nazis themselves stating they were standing in opposition to Keen.

Following the Melbourne rally, Keen visited Holbart in Tasmania, Australia. During the rally, trans activists shouted “shame” at a disabled lesbian women as she spoke about her activism during the aids crisis in San Francisco. In Tasmania, homosexuality was illegal until 1997 and the courts recently ruled that is is illegal for lesbians to host single-sex events.

In her last stop in Australia on March 23, Keen visited Canberra. During the rally, Senator Lidia Thorpe attempted to disrupt the rally and was knocked to the ground by police.